NBMTL is committed to high quality testing to generate technically valid test
Results and state of the art interpretation, adhering strictly to the test methods laid down by National and International Standard formulating Bodies. The aim is to provide its Customers all time service complying to recognized standards of practice and maintain the reputation as a competent and esteemed test house through -
Documentation of Management System according to ISO/IEC 17025, NABL-o 103, NABL-107, NABL-130 and NABL-141.
Training of laboratory personnel regarding quality documentation for determined implementations of policies & procedures pertaining to their Work.
Proactive interaction with customers for the continual improvement of services. Creation of a data base to improve quality of interpretation.
National Building Material Lab, Raipur is committed to provide reliable and timely testing services in compliance with the requirements of ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 to its customer by adopting professionally acceptable procedures and methods with measurements traceable to National / International reference standards.
- Providing testing services in accordance with standardized methods (traceable to National / International reference standards) and customers' requirements. Requests to perform tests that may jeopardize an objective result or have a low validity are rejected.
- Ensuring the standard of service through Customer Satisfaction, Precision & Accuracy and Accountability & Traceability
- Ensuring that excellence in the workplace is promoted by providing all employees with the knowledge of Quality Documentation, training, and tools necessary to allow for the completion of accurate and timely work to implement the relevant policies and procedures in their work and achieve the objectives
- Ensuring that all relevant processes under scope are documented. The compliant policies and associated procedures are integrated into our daily activities. Continual improvements are established, implemented, and achieved through implementation of management system.
The purpose of the implementation of the Management System is to manage Business by meeting the needs of Customers.
- To ensure accurate and timely testing services
- To continuously meet or exceed the stated, or implied, expectations of our customers through day-to-day interactions.
- To establish the level of the laboratory's performance by participating in proficiency testing with peer laboratories
- To ensure that all personnel are trained to a level of familiarity with the Quality Management System appropriate to the individual's degree of responsibility
- Continual improvement in processes
Quality Manager / Deputy Quality Manager
The Quality Manager / Dy. Quality Manager are responsible for ensuring that processes needed for their Quality Management System are established, implemented, and maintained to requirements of ISO / IEC 17025 accreditation. Areas of responsibility include control of management system documentation, facilitating internal / external audits. The Quality Manager / Dy. Quality Manager Coordinates requests for corrective and preventive action, follow up, and analysis of quality data. The Quality Manager/Dy.QM are responsible for selecting arranging and coordinating the lab participation in inter-laboratory comparison programs. Quality Manager is responsible for scheduling and conducting Internal Audit.
Quality Manager ensures that appropriate communication between various levels is maintained in matters related to the process of management system. Communication methods include:
b) Circulars / Notice
c) Record and Reference
Steps are taken by Quality Manager
Steps are taken by Quality Manager to train all personnel about management system documentation to enable them to implement all policies and procedures in their works and importance of meeting customer's requirements of testing and test result as well as applicable statutory and regulatory Bodies.
The quality manual complies
The quality manual complies with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Laboratory
Management System Model. The quality manual is the principal document
that describes the structure of quality management system and make
reference to the supporting procedures including technical procedures in the
form of work instructions for testing methods. The supporting procedures for
different testing activities have been defined in Work Instructions for testing
procedures, the protocol used for testing have been cross-referred to
respective procedures and work instructions. Work instruction and use of
protocol have been referred in quality manual under the heading of Records
The structure of the quality manual is as below.
The laboratory operate with a four-level documented Quality System
|Level-1||Quality Manual ||States the Laboratory's policies in respect of requirement of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005
|Level-2||Quality Procedure||Procedures for all applicable clauses of the standard
Indian / International
| Describes the Specific Process Steps for different Test Performed by Laboratory
Describes the Specific Steps for Handling
of Test Equipment at the time of Testing.
Used as protocol of testing and termed as documents of external origin.
|Level-4||Forms & Formats ||Used for maintaining and attached with relevant section of the Quality Manual
Purchased supplies and consumables that affect the quality of tests are not being used until they have been inspected or otherwise verified as complying with ordered specifications.
The technical manager evaluates the supplies of critical consumables, and services, maintains records of these evaluations and those suppliers it considers approved.
The policy of Lab to use quality control data, audit result, analysis of data, quality policy, quality objective, customer complaints & feedback, corrective & preventive actions, Internal Audit and management review meeting for continual improvement of laboratory management system
a) Director & Quality Manager to ensure the continual improvement procedure is effective.
b) Quality manager to monitor the continual improvement procedure.
1. Customer complaints is used as a tool to identify potential source of non-conformities.
2. Management takes measures to improve the competency level by imparting appropriate training.
3. Quality control data is used to improve the accuracy and precision of test data
4. Study of technical Literature & market survey is used for improvement in calibration Process & Technology.
5. The improvement progress is achieved by taking Decisions on case to case basis by Director following measures
NBMTL lab ensure that management review mechanism is established to design, develop and review all operational and quality management system procedure.
- Director NBMTL lab convenes the management review meeting twice in 12 months.
- The Quality manager is responsible for verifying the quality assurance decisions.
Predetermined schedule laboratory's top management
With a predetermined schedule laboratory's top management periodically conducts A review of the laboratory's management system
and testing activities.
The review takes into accounts of the following.
1. The suitability of policies and procedures
2. Reports from managerial and supervisory personnel
3. The results of inter-laboratory comparisons or proficiency testing
4. Change in the volume and type of the work
5. Customer feedback
7. Recommendations for improvement
8. Other relevant factors, such as quality control activities, resources and staff training.
The following factors are taken into consideration for ensuring the technical competence and reliability of the Tests performed by NBMTL Lab:
1. Laboratory personnel - qualification, attitude, training, experience & competence.
2. Accommodation & Environmental conditions in the NBMTL laboratory.
3. Verification / performance / calibration procedures.
4. Test methods, techniques validation, performance verification & estimation of uncertainty in measurement.
5. Type and quality of laboratory standards equipment.
6. Measurement traceability.
7. Handling procedures of customer's test items and laboratory test standards.
8. Quality Control Programmed
9. Reporting of results
Under this section we have address about our policy and procedures, which can ensure that the measurement uncertainty is acceptable to the tests being performed. Laboratory takes in account all the above parameters for performing testing & in training and in selection of equipments, calibration and personnel.
NBMTL Lab ensures that all testing personnel are competent to operate equipment, perform tests, evaluate results or issue test reports are competent and qualified on the basis of their education, experience, training, work experience and skill.
The personnel employed are initially given on-job training. They take
Specific testing job only after the verification of their competency by the
Laboratory Incharge/Technical Manager. Personnel in-training are allowed to operate equipment and perform tests when properly supervised. Personnel are aware of the Relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the Achievement of the company's quality objectives. The laboratory Management formulates the goals with respect to the education, Training skills of the laboratory personal once in a year by conducting self-appraisal for the laboratory personal. The training programme is relevant to the present and anticipating tasks of the laboratory.
Laboratory does not employee any personnel on contract basis.
The Laboratory has a procedure for identifying the training needs of its
personnel and for providing the needed training. Laboratory Incharge/Technical Manager & Quality Manager identify training needs of personnel. NBMTL Lab ensures that training is relevant to the current and anticipated work of the Laboratory. The effectiveness of the training actions will be evaluated.
NBMTL Lab maintains current job descriptions for all personnel
(managerial, technical, testing and support personnel).
NBMTL Lab qualifies personnel performing specific tasks through
education, training, experience or demonstrated skills, as appropriate. The Quality manger and Laboratory Incharge & the concerned Technical Managers maintain the Job Description of personnel working in the specific laboratory.
1. Minimum education level for Site incharge is B.E (Mech) with minimum three years experience or science graduate with minimum five years experience.
2. Technicians are required to possess a minimum qualification of higher secondary school certificate from recognized institutions. All technicians are provided on job training.
3. Whenever possible the top management encourages site incharges as well as the technical assistant to attend appropriate training courses related to the work of the laboratory by the recognized institutions.
4. All records of personnel including their educational certificates, training certificates, on the job performance review etc. are maintained as a part of centralized record in system for the entire organization.
Quality Control Measures
The following measures in combination or individually (as applicable to specific laboratory) are followed for quality control monitoring:
a) Use of certified reference materials / internal quality control samples.
b) Participation in inter-laboratory comparison/ PT programmed
c) Replicate test using same or different methods.
d) Retesting of retained item.
e) Correlation of results for different characteristics of an item.